Wednesday 5 September 2012

REVIEW: SANCTUARY DEEP CLEANSE FACIAL PORE REFINING TONER






This is the last Sanctuary product I'm reviewing for a while now so everyone can stop being bored!


This is one and only toner I have in my possession. I've never used toners regularly enough, until recently, to notice whether it has any benefits or negatives. I'm lazy and if I can skip steps in my skin care process then I will. I don't enjoy the idea of using a lot of alcohol based products on my skin either so this was a product I approached cautiously. It came as part of a gift set too so I didn't actually buy it for myself - although I've done the research for you and found it retails at £8.99 for 150ml in Boots.


This Sanctuary Deep Cleanse Facial Pore Refining Toner is quite lovely actually. It doesn't leave skin feeling stripped of all it's natural oils or tight and it did dry out some of the smaller blemishes I have. I didn't notice a reduction in the size of my pores though which is what I thought this product was supposed to be for - disappointing as my nose is like the moon surface when it comes the size of my pores.


I wouldn't deliberately go out and repurchase this product but I do think that my eyes have been opened to the world of toners little more. I will be checking out some more very soon no doubt. 


Have you used Sanctuary Deep Cleanse Facial Pore Refining Toner?
Are there are any toners that you can recommend for me to use?
Let me know - all comments loved and appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. I do like Sanctuary products but have only tried their shower gel / scrubs. Its a pity this didn't reduce your pores. I a always looking for a reasonably priced pore reducer. As for a Toner i use the Lush Tea Tree Water & love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I will have to check that out - thank you for the recommendation xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds a good toner, how much is it?

    Sophierosehearts, currently having an 100 follower giveaway :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's £8.99 - I did write it in the post ;) xxx

      Delete
  3. Im one of those people that has bottles of toner in her bathroom but very rarely use the stuff. Usually get them in gift packs etc.....never actually gone out and bought one. When i have used them i find most completely zap my skin of moisture and leaves me feeling like im sucking a lemon lol

    What skin type are you? mine has a tendency to be a bit dry anyway...hence why i dont tend to use them....would this convert me?
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have combination skin but I found that this was really gentle. I think you would have to see if you could try someone else's first to see if it would suit you but I don't think dry skin-types need a toners anyway - they usually have small pores because of the lesser sebum production. Toners have never been touted as an absolute necessity in the skincare routine by dermatologists anyway - they're just a nice extra. I hope that helps you! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.