Thursday 27 September 2012

REVIEW: LUSH CATASTROPHE COSMETIC FRESH FACE MASK



Another Dave purchase for me (I know - I am very very lucky) and this time it is the Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask. I do love Lush but the nearest shop to me is a good 30 minute drive away so I have to yearn for products from afar.


This wasn't the face mask I wanted on my wish list from my 100 Day Challenge but it was the one that piqued my interest the most whilst in the shop. 


THEY SAY: When disaster looms Catastrophe Cosmetic calms and cleanses the skin. Blueberries rich in beneficial anti-oxidants, soothing chamomile, Irish moss and the gentle cleansing action of of calamine to save the day.


I SAY: Well first off I'm not fond of putting cold things on my face so the fact that this is a mask that has to be kept in the fridge filled me with a kind of weird-angsty feeling (cold + wet, slimy, in any way moist near my face = panic. It's a suppressed childhood thing apparently) but I bought myself round and slapped it on anyway.


The first time I used it I had a sneezing fit half way through wearing it, at which point it was dry, and therefore my face spasms caused it to crumble off my face. Avalanches leave less mess. Dave asked me if the landlord had been round (he's a builder) as there was a trail of greyish dust throughout the house. The more I sneezed the more the mask crumbled thus creating dust which made me sneeze again. Please don't wear this mask if you have a cold.


The second attempt was more successful. The mask itself is quite thick so I can squeeze three uses out of the tub but a couple of the blueberries fell off my face (much to the joy of the cat that decided they were on the floor to be 'hunted'). It's lightly perfumed, smelling vaguely of fruit. I left it on for the required 10 - 15 minutes whilst it worked it's magic. 


It left my skin feeling soft and cleansed. It even reduced the redness around a couple of the flare ups I have been experiencing recently. I really enjoyed using it actually and yes, I would recommend it. In fact, with my Birthday coming up, I might ask my family to get me some Lush vouchers so that I can try some others. Any suggestions for me?


Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask is available in Lush stores or online for £5.95.

3 comments:

  1. I tried this and whilst it didn't do anything bad I didn't think it come much good either. My favourites are cupcake, love lettuce and mask of magnaminty(this one doesn't need to be kept in the fridge so you might like it!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will have to try mask of magnanimity - thank you for the tip! Especially if it doesn't have to be cold! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the Oatifix, especially in the winter when skin tends to be more dry. I really like the smell of it and it leaves your skin feeling hydrated and looking glowy, at least for me :) I tried the one you did and I didn't like the mess it made after it dried and kind of flaked off. I've yet to try the Brazened Honey one, but I've been meaning to. So many great products to be found at Lush :)xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.