Monday 17 September 2012

REVIEW: LIMITED COLLECTION SHADOW PALETTE IN 'BRIGHT'






Ta-dah! Look what I bought with my M&S vouchers from Sky (there will be plenty of these posts coming up as I tried to stretch my vouchers as far as possible over a wide range of things).


First up is this palette of eyeshadows from Limited Collection (exclusive to Marks and Spencer). I chose the 'Bright' palette as I have enough neutral shades at the moment and fancied being a bit more daring. Really this palette should be called 'Pastels' though as the shades weren't that bright really.


The packaging itself is quite nice - maybe a little garish because of all of the clashing colours and flowers but, meh, it's not much to grumble at. It houses 7 shades of eyeshadow in little 'strips' with a small sponge applicator (I immediately discarded this). The colours look quite intense but as you can see from the swatch unfortunately they're not particularly high in pigment. There is the occasional glint of shimmer but I would say that these are predominately matte. There is a bit of product fall out but nothing too major.


They'd make excellent summer colours so I probably chose them at the wrong time. Still, for £8.50 (well, free for me) it'll be nice to play about with them.

6 comments:

  1. That's a shame that they aren't that high in pigment, I would personally expect more from M&S!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - still, they were fun to play with! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love M&S lipglosses and body butters :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try those out Sophie - thank you for the tip :) xxx

      Delete
  3. great summer colours! Can't wait to see some looks using them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - good idea for a post. I think I might try a couple of looks xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.