Wednesday 12 September 2012

REVIEW: ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAT & SUMPTOUS MASCARA




These are two of my favourite masacaras so I just felt like I had to blog about them. There will be no swatches on my eyes unfortunately as whilst I write this I seem to have managed to grow a small but still unsightly (get it? I know - bad pun) spot right next to my eye. Gah!


ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR ZERO-SMUDGE LENGTHENING MASCARA £20.00
This was the first mascara I ever paid over £5.00 for. It's wand is small for accuracy, with real bristles (not those ghastly plastic monstrosities - you know which guilty brands you are *glares*) that coat every single lash beautifully. My lashes are pretty long anyway (something I am immensely proud of and will gloat about from time to time) but this really does bring out the entire length and maybe then some.


I use this in 'Brown' as I prefer a more natural look when using this mascara but it also comes in black. It doesn't smudge unless you deliberately rub your eye, doesn't have to be reapplied to look fabulous all day and it doesn't clump until it gets really old and well past it's shelf life. It's pretty much perfect.


ESTEE LAUDER SUMPTUOUS BOLD VOLUME LIFTING MASCARA £20.00
I used to have the full size waterproof version of this gorgeous mascara but as I have misplaced it (probably left it on holiday - theres a very lucky Berber woman sitting in Morocco somewhere right now) and I have a ton of these sample sizes floating about - they tend to be given out with every FGWP - I thought I would share this one with you.


This mascara comes in an 'everyday' version, a waterproof version and extreme volume version so take your pick. It has a fatter wand than the Double Wear but is still sporting real bristles. It doesn't clump, sits beautifully on the lash, fans them out to look so full and lush that if I blink I fear Dave might be propelled across the room with the force of the motion. It can be tricky to apply this to the lower lashes though so I would suggest taking your time applying it or simply cleaning a small wand and using that instead.


These mascaras can be found at any Estee Lauder counter or on the Estee Lauder website.

2 comments:

  1. I love mascaras, these sounds lovely :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had not so good experiences with Estee Lauder mascaras, years ago though. Maybe it's time to give them a new try. Thanks for the revew!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.