Monday 17 September 2012

REVIEW: L'OREAL GLAM SHINE CANDY LIP GLOSS





These L'Oreal Glam Shine Miss Candy lip glosses are possibly one of the most talked about lip products of 2012 on the blogsphere. I have quite literally seen them everywhere. I bought this one back in April thinking 'Ooh everyone loves these'. It's taken me until now to pluck up the courage to come out and say 'Err, actually, they're a bit pants to be honest'.


Let me explain.


The packaging is really appealing - who doesn't want icecream-esque swirls sitting in their stash? Its also a fabulous size for slinging into a handbag and carrying around. L'Oreal are usually such a reliable brand that there is mostly no need for testers to come out of there places. 


I just really can't get my head around the applicator. It's been cited as a 'heart shaped' sponge that covers the lip perfectly whilst leaving product in just the right place to build a fuller pouted look. For starters it is far too flexible and I end up getting product smeared everywhere which leads, because the formula is so gloopy, to a rather big mess. The gloss isn't pigmented enough for my liking either. Don't get me wrong - it leaves a lovely glossy finish but colour? I might as well have bought a clear gloss instead of this 'Bubble Pink' it is supposed to be.


I hate to grumble but I feel like I wasted my money with this. I know that there are plenty of bloggers that love these though so maybe, just maybe, you would too. 


L'Oreal Glam Shine Miss Candy Lip Glosses are available on the majority of L'Oreal stands in drugstores, retailing for around £7- £8 each.

4 comments:

  1. I have some of these as well and they do look pretty for sure! I actually quite liked the applicator of it and the formula in way but I hate the pigmentation, you are so right, there is no colour! haha when I swatched about three very different shades they all appeared the same :/
    and because of this its a bit of a rip off :/
    thanks for sharing this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this! Phew! xxx

      Delete
  2. never tried these before... I have seen them everywhere, tho! Love the concept and it's a nice colour... but I find them overpriced :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem over priced for what they are unfortunately - other than that they do have a lovely gloss though! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.