Friday 12 October 2012

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP RAINFOREST MOISTURE HAIR BUTTER FOR DRY HAIR




I bought this product on a whim when The Body Shop were doing one of their offers for a percentage off and free postage and packaging. I think it's easy to say that I get sucked in by offers from this brand fairly often.


The packaging is fairly basic - designed like a lot of hair butters and masks to have a screw top lid. It's a thick white conditioner that smells slightly of honey, although I think it smells a lot like play-dough too (you know the coloured shop-bought kind that we all used to play with at home?). It's a nice smell anyway - not the artificial sweetness that a lot of hair products smell like.


I liked using it but I left it on for about half an hour at a time as if I left it on for less than this it only did the job  of my normal conditioner. I applied it from the mid-sections of my hair to the ends. It left them smooth and glossy.


The things I like about this product are that it is completely chemical free without silicones or parabens as well as it being quite economical - a little goes a long way with this product. I have thick hair and have managed to get five uses out of the 50ml tub.


I will repurchase this and I would recommend it. I think it's probably one of those products that are going to stay in my stash for a while now - it's perfect for those pampering Sunday afternoons when it's OK to spend hours in the bathroom.


The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair is available from most The Body Shop stores and online. RRP 50ml - £3.00. RRP 200ml - £8.00.


NB: 10/10/2013 Having used this range since this review I've decided that I really don't like it any more. The scent puts me off and I don't find that it does much after the first few initial uses. Meh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.