Saturday 20 October 2012

REVIEW: ESTEE LAUDER SIGNATURE 5-TONE SHIMMER POWDER IN 'PINK SHIMMER'





I bought this Estee Lauder Signature 5-Tone Shimmer Powder in 'Pink' with the other half of the vouchers that my bosses gave me as a gift. My original intention was to spend it on something from Dior but when I went into the shop that the voucher was for, and saw that the woman manning the stand to the counter was the one sales person that I physically can not stand - she's a snobby cow (if you're not wearing designer labels and look like you have 'money' she speaks down to you and tries to belittle you by saying that she doesn't think you can afford the things you're looking at! How she sells anything I will never know!) - I headed over to Julie (who is absolutely wonderful and so lovely too) at Estee Lauder for a chat and a look at the stand in complete comfort. This is a sales lady that knows all of her customers by name, remembers what you have purchased previously and will make suggestions for you based on your skin shade and personal tastes. How can Dior compete with that?


Not only did I buy the most beautiful nude lipstick from her (which you can see here) but I also picked up the Estee Lauder equivalent of the Dior Rose Diamond compact. This a compact of highlighters essentially but can also be used on the eyes as shadow too. There are 5 colours in this palette: dark pink, baby pink, pastel pink, peach and white. Presented in the usual Estee Lauder packaging the traditional 'EL' is embossed on the actual product. The colours do not blend into each other when a brush passes over them so there is always a separation between the shades. 


The powders are finely milled with a lovely iridescence to them making them the perfect set of highlighters for the cheekbones (something I am crazy about at the moment). The pigment isn't particularly strong but then that isn't necessary to create a lovely glow on the skin. I love this palette. I can't recommend it highly enough. I can't stop using it.


The Estee Lauder Signature 5-Tone Shimmer Powder compact is also available in 'Bronze' as well as 'Pink'. It's available at Estee Lauder Counters and online. RRP: £30.00.

4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and the sales lady at Estee Lauder sounds so nice!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so beautiful! I think it'd be too pale on me though unfortunately! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw what a lovely post! I just love your blog btw. Am your newest follower and can't wait to read more! xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.