Saturday 20 October 2012

REVIEW: ESTEE LAUDER PURE COLOUR VIVID SHINE LIPSTICK IN 'BRILLIANT BARE'







I mentioned in my last OOTD post that I had found the most amazing nude lipstick I have ever come across. No - truly I have. I used some of my vouchers I received from my bosses for my birthday on this purchase. I have been lusting after it with all the intensity of a schoolgirl infatuation.


In traditionally luxurious Estee Lauder packaging this lipstick is slightly fragranced with the scent of cherries. It glides onto my lips with ease, at first sheer with a hint of colour before I build up the intensity required for my specific tastes. I adore lipsticks that allow this - it makes application so much easier and I can play about  with the product to create different looks. I can go from barely there to opaque in just a few slicks of the bullet. The colour also stays true to the bullet and the product doesn't bleed or smudge.


It's very moisturising and lasts well although longevity in a product like this is never going to be especially mind blowing - most sheer lipsticks and cremes come off my pout within only half an hour so this is great in comparison as it lasts a good two hours before reapplication is necessary. Lipcote allows it to last even longer.


I've worn it every day since I purchased it. I have even worn it at work. The compliments just keep on rolling in and it's all for this lipstick. It's the best use of a voucher I've ever been given and when it runs out (which I am sure will only be within a matter of weeks because I am using it so much right now) I am definitely repurchasing it. I may even get two lest it should sell out and I am left broken-hearted.


Estee Lauder Pure Colour Vivid Shine Lipstick in 'Brilliant Bare' is available at Estee Lauder counters and on the Estee Lauder website. RRP: £19.50.

4 comments:

  1. The casing and packaging for Estee Lauder lipsticks looks so nice! This is so flattering on you Helen :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging on these and it's a lovely colour!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love nude lipsticks! That looks gorgee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.