Sunday 4 August 2013

WHAT I WORE: WEDDING RECEPTION

Wedding _OOTD_1
Wedding OOTD  (6)
Wedding OOTD  (13)


DRESS - NEW LOOK - ON SALE £10.00 (3 YEARS AGO)
VEST TOP - NEW LOOK - £3.99
SILVER BELT - NEW LOOK - £5.99 (4 YEARS AGO)
CREAM WATERFALL JERSEY CARDIGAN - NEW LOOK - £6.99
SHOES - PRIMARK - £10.00
BRACELETS - GIFT FROM EMMA (MEET THE MILLARDS)
PEARL STUDS - GIFT FROM DAVE


I live in jeans/trousers and if I'm not in jeans/trousers then it must be a) ridiculously hot and sunny or b) a special occasion. Rarely will I wear anything feminine unless absolutely necessary - although this is something I hope to rectify in the near future. Like most women, I'm not overly comfortable with my body and therefore I would rather hide it away then flaunt it in a pretty dress. I attended a wedding reception yesterday evening and had a total panic about what to wear. I own three dresses: a black shirt dress that I wear mostly on nights out because it's really flattering, a feather-print maxi dress which I've shown in an OOTD before and this one. It's a beautiful teal, turquoise, green and brown paisley print in a baby-doll cut (hence the top underneath it - I don't have the boobs to rock it without) which I usually reserve for holidays because to be honest, I don't usually have the guts to wear it in public. Most of my clothes come from New Look - purely because there's only one fashionable and affordable clothes shop in my home town and it happens to be a branch of New Look. I should really start looking elsewhere for my clothes when I shop.


NOTE TO SELF: BUY MORE VERSATILE DRESSES THIS YEAR. 


I threw the cream waterfall jersey cardigan over the top of it because I wanted something to cover my shoulders and arms in heat. The last thing I want is to get burned. I added my faithful grey ballet flats with the sparkly bow detail to tie in with the silver belt (those flats took me all the way around London so I know I can wear them comfortably without them hurting for at least an evening of standing by a bar). As the dress speaks for itself I went minimal on accessories: simply adding a pair of small pearl studs and the cute black bracelets Emma gave me as a thank you gift at the #julylondonmeetup.


I'm going to try taking myself out of my comfort zone a lot more. I really need to get in touch with my feminine side. Can anyone suggest any places for great dresses?

2 comments:

  1. Like your dress! I like Primark, New Look, H&M and Missguided (online) for casual, cheap dresses xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.