Sunday 14 April 2013

REVIEW: LANCOME HYPNOSE DRAMA MASCARA

IMG_3561
IMG_3562
IMG_3563


I picked this Lancome Hypnose Mascara up when I was at the Birmingham Lancome skincare evening I blogged about here. 


Lancome Hypnose mascaras are the number one best selling mascaras in the entire world - something that I was instantly drawn in by. Who doesn't want to know they're wearing the best mascara in the world?


The packaging is basic and, to be frank, a little uninspiring; apart from the gold label there is nothing that immediately sets this mascara apart from any other that you can find for a lot cheaper in the drugstore. One of the major themes of Lancome products is not only how they perform when used but also the feel of the packaging in the consumer's hand and because of that their mascaras have a curved tube.


The wand is also curved which is something that I have struggled with to be honest. I'm used to nice straight wands that apply the mascara to exactly where I want it to go - not the sort of here, there and everywhere that this ones tends to do. Don't even think of using this on your bottom lashes - you will end up looking just like a panda's cousin. I does have proper bristles though - and lots of them, which I think is a bonus.


However, I swapped the wand for one that I do like and I can tell you that I genuinely love this formula. Its the blackest black mascara I've ever had the pleasure of getting acquainted with, it gives lashes a massive volume boost by really coating them and making them appear maybe twice to three times as thick as well as lengthening. It holds a curl like it has invisible scaffolding supporting it. I genuinely can't fault the formula at all.
So a bit of a mixed review there but I would recommend it - for the formula alone. If you can't get to grips with the wand then re-use one that you already have. If you have managed to get to grips with the wand then let me know what I'm doing wrong please!


Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara RRP £22.00 - available from any Lancome counter and online.

2 comments:

  1. I love this mascara so much, it was my favourite for years, then I discovered a Covergirl one (which you can get in the UK from Max Factor) and another Max Factor one that have now replaced it. My two new favourites have a similar formula to the Lancome one, but I actually find them better, plus they're half the price! I'm gonna do a review on the Max Factor one soon, I'm so impressed with it :)

    C x
    Lux Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try this for ages! Great review lovely, I've always been sceptical about picking it up because of this mixed reviews but thanks for being honest in yours! :) xo

    www.theperksofbeingsharna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.