Friday 22 November 2013

WHAT I WORE: A MEAL WITH THE BOYS

OOTD_Meal_With_The_Boys
OOTD_Meal_With_The_Boys_2
Primark_Gold_Necklace_£3

BLACK HAT – PRIMARK - £8.00
MILITARY STYLE KHAKI JACKET – PRIMARK - £5.00
CREAM AND BLACK POLKA DOT SHORT SLEEVED SHEER SHIRT – PRIMARK - £6.00
LONG WHITE CAMI – PRIMARK - £5.00
BLACK SKINNY JEANS – PRIMARK - £11.00
BLACK CHUNKY HEEL BOOTS WITH BUCKLE DETAIL – PRIMARK - £18.00
GOLD STATEMENT NECKLACE – PRIMARK - £3.00

This whole outfit is Primark but I really don’t think it looks like it is. Primark has somehow had an amazing ability recently to look more expensive than it actually is and for all anyone else knows these pieces were purchased from ASOS or Topshop.


When pay-day arrives it’s custom for me and Dave to treat ourselves to a meal out somewhere. We love one particular pub that does really affordable food, mostly for the great steaks, but this time it wasn’t just the two of us – it was his work mates as well. I was the only girl. I don’t really like being the only female on a table of builders and ground-workers and joiners, and I didn’t want to wear anything that attracted any attention purely because, as anyone who knows what workmen are like, there is always some comment passed about the fairer sex whether flattering or derogatory. Or at least, that's the way it is with Dave's colleagues.


I love this polka dot sheer blouse – I bought it in a size far too big for me because I didn’t read the labels properly until I bought it home and ripped the tags off. It drowns me slightly but I’m OK with that and I don’t mind when it’s paired with skinny jeans. I originally wanted the heart pattern that has been so popular with fashion bloggers (hello Burberry dupe) but my Primark didn’t have it so I settled for the dots instead. I wear the long cami underneath for decency but if you have the body and the confidence then simply wear it with a black bra and you’re good to go.


The skinny jeans are a bit of a revelation – I’ve never bought jeans from Primark before purely because I didn’t think they would fit me properly (I’m a 36” inside leg and the longest Primark does is a 34”) but my sister says she wears them and they fit her (and she’s the same leg length as me) so I tried them and they’re alright. They’re fairly comfortable and are just long enough. I'm not sure I'd be confident wearing any other style than skinny unless I tried them on first (I hate trying things on in store - I find it so dull).


I’m still obsessed with the boots – I’m looking to get another pair so if Primark stop making them I have a back-up. It’s rare for me to find affordable boots that fit so I have to grab them when I get the chance. They’re super comfortable with a padded sole for the pressure points of the foot and they’re really warm. The leather is soft too which means they don’t rub. Perfection.


I’ve shown the khaki military jacket before here but I love it so much I throw it on top of most things. It was such a steal for the price but it was on sale when I picked it up so if you want one yourself you may want to get to your nearest Primark now before they’re taken off the shop floor or all go.


As accessories go I kept it very simple. I adore this statement necklace for it’s simplicity - so much so in fact that I bought it in silver too (who knows if it’ll be a gold or a silver day?) and I pair it with a lot. It just makes any outfit look like you’ve made an effort. The hat was something I’ve wanted for a while. I love hats so much that it was an obvious purchase. I wear it with everything. I was surprised by how expensive it was (for Primark) but I guess if I’m wearing it a lot then I’m getting my money’s worth.


What have you bought from Primark recently?

3 comments:

  1. Fab outfit and you're right, it doesn't look like a Primark outfit at all, love the hat x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! Completely agree about the builders making comments - cringes me out!! The hat really suits you. :-) x

    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post I do love a bit of Primark. liking the Necklace not seen that in my Primark!!

    New followers

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.