Wednesday 6 November 2013

MY CURRENT EVENING SKINCARE ROUTINE

Current_Evening_Skincare_Routine


I’m very meticulous about my evening skincare routine and I see it very much as a little bit of ‘me’ time. It’s a chance for me to take a few minutes to pamper myself more than anything but it’s always an opportunity to really massage my skin and give it as much love and attention as I possibly can.


I use a different flannel every time I wash my face. Obviously, I don’t have to do this but I prefer to just because I feel like it’s more hygienic as the cloth hasn’t been sitting there all day with bacteria on it. I must have twenty flannels on constant rotation. I buy them from Primark where a pack of three only costs £1.50 and there are a multitude of colours to choose from.


Removing my make-up is done with the L’Oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing Oil (RRP £7.99). It breaks down foundation so easily and I simply wipe it off with a cotton pad. It's also gentle enough to use on the eyes so I massage it through my lashes when my eyes are closed and it removed everything very easily (even Benefit's They're Real Mascara)


As a ‘proper’ cleanser I’m besotted with No7 Melting Gel Cleanser (RRP £9.00). It has a gel like consistency that melts into a balm that makes it really easy to cleanse the entire face whilst enabling massage. It smells amazing, feels hydrating and I can’t rate it highly enough. Add water and it emulsifies into a milk which is easy to wipe off. Cleanser perfection.


The Pixi Skintreats Glow Tonic (RRP £16.00) is the next step. I really like it but I still feel like I need a proper scrub once a week. I apply the Pixi Glow Tonic – just a couple of pumps - with a cotton pad and make sure to wipe the whole of my face with it. It tingles slightly which I don’t really like but hopefully that tingle is the sign that it’s working. With consistent use I have seen an improvement in my skin's texture.


To stop the tingle from the Glow Tonic I then spritz my face with a LUSH toning water. At the moment I’m using Breath Of Fresh Air (RRP £3.95) but I also like the L’eau Roma Water (RRP £3.95). They’re just really soothing and I like the refreshing, light herbal scents of them both. I wipe my face over again with a cotton pad.


For my eyes I swap and change between the Elemis Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment* (RRP £39.00) which is an oil like consistency which instantly smoothes and hydrates whilst sinking in very quickly; or the Champneys Skin Plus Collagen Boost Eye Serum* which is more of a gel texture but also sinks in quickly. I dab it around the orbital bone, being careful not to get any onto my lids or too close to my waterline as I have sensitive skin around that area and have learned the hard way that it stings a lot when I do this when using other eye creams and serums. My eyes are very sensitive and tend to sting if I apply too much at once.


Serum comes in the form of Indeed Labs Snoxin (RRP £12.99 for sampler set) which is highly anti-aging and very much a treat for my skin. I’m a fan of the tapping method when it comes to serum – lightly tapping the product onto the top of the skin so that I’m not pulling any delicate areas more than I have to when cleansing. This is only the sampler size from a set but I will be repurchasing it in the full size because I can really see the difference in my fine lines since I started using it. If I'm feeling like I want something a lot thicker I reach for the Champneys Skin Plus Collagen Intense Repair Serum* (RRP £20.00) which is akin to a gel in texture but sinks in like a cream and feels incredibly silky. I'm very conscious that now I'm 25 I have to start thinking about the 'maturity' of my skin.


Vichy_Nutrilogie_1


As a moisturiser I use Vichy Nutrologie 1 (RRP £14.50) which is very thick and highly hydrating. I find it too greasy for use during the day but at night it’s fantastic. I wake up with smooth feeling, very hydrated skin that’s devoid of any tightness. It smells slightly strange (a little like cat wee to be honest) although it's supposed to be unscented but if you can get past the scent (or maybe it's just me and my nose making things up?) then it's definitely worth looking at if you're after a good night cream.


How many products do you use when you in your night time routine?

5 comments:

  1. I love Breath Of Fresh Air, it smells so good.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of the No7 cleanser. I use the Pixi Glow Tonic too, it's fab for scarring and my spots have improved too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skincare products look amaaaazing!! I just followed your blog cause I'm in love with the name, design, content, AHHH everything! If you're interested you may follow me as well, in the meantime I look forward to reading more!

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have quite the skincare routine! I wish I could be as disciplined as you - quite often I can't be bothered, but when I do I actually really enjoy having a short pamper. Should stop being so lazy! x

    Lola & Behold

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having a skin care routine, I recently made a post about mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.