Thursday 8 November 2012

VIDEO: MY PERFECT RED LIP

Red lips are classic. They say high-maintenance, high-glamour and sexy-as-hell. Everyone's red lip is individual. Some paler ladies prefer the blue toned deep red opposed to the more orangy-coral reds that flatter tans more. Some prefer a matte finish to a sheer - whilst others plump simply for a stain or slick of balm to give a hint of that 'just bitten' look. Cherry, Brick, Russian, Scarlet, Vermilion,  Post-Box, Ferrari - there are so many reds to choose from that I couldn't possibly list them all. They're all beautiful but this post is about my perfect red lip. And I love a red-lip - I really do!






Above is the video of me talking about how I apply my red lip and keep it looking it's best over the longevity of wearing it.


The products I talked about and used were:


A lip scrub - I've used Lush Lip Scrub in 'Sweet Lips' - £5.25 here
A good moisturiser - I've used the Balance Me Rose Otto Lip Salve - £12.00 here
Lip Pencil - I've used the Max Factor Colour Elixir Lip Pencil in 'Red Rush' - £4.99 here
Lipstick - I've used Rimmel Kate Lasting Matte Finish in Shade 111 'Kiss Of Life' - £5.49 here
Lipcote - I've used Original Lipcote - £3.69 here


Do you have a perfect way of doing a perfect red lip?

8 comments:

  1. Can't beat the classic red lip!

    effytalkslife.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a perfect red !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post and the video is perfect hunni :) The red lip is definately a look that will never date

    http://buttons-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - definitely agree with this that the red lip will never date! xxx

      Delete
  4. Love the vid - envious that you can get lipcote to work for you, it just flakes on me and looks terrible. Would love to see you do a similar tutorial for nude lips :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame that it doesn't work! Ooh I will definitely look into it! Thank you for the suggestion! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.