Sunday 5 May 2013

REVIEW: ESTEE LAUDER PERFECTLY CLEAN SPLASH AWAY FOAMING CLEANSER

IMG_3848
IMG_3849
IMG_3850
IMG_3851
IMG_3852
IMG_3853


I am a massive Estee Lauder fan - you all know this. I have a collection of products from this eponymous brand could rival that of Aerin Lauder herself. Last month I emptied out my bathroom cabinet and came across this sample of the Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser. 


Having recently gotten into skincare in a massive way - to the point of obsession when it comes to my routine at the moment - I was expecting great things from this. Unfortunately it wasn't to be.


It's like a cream when first applied to dry skin but quickly foams when even a small amount of water is applied. A pea-sized amount is enough to cleanse the whole face and it does seem to cut through make-up well. There isn't much of a scent unless you count that 'soap' smell I tend to associate with pensioner's bathrooms. My skin seemed to really love this product at first but I'm glad I trialed it over a longer period of time. After continued use - twice a day - I started to notice that my already dehydrated skin was feeling very tight, even after moisturizing. Although my blemishes were disappearing I was noticing the fine lines around my eyes becoming slightly more prominent because of how dry my face was - with all of the expressions I make during the day the thinner and more delicate areas of my skin were the becoming the equivalent of a piece of crepe paper being scrunched about in someone's hand. Not only that, my T-Zone, because it was so cleansed, was over producing oil which, whilst it wasn't causing break-outs it was making me look shiny across my forehead and chin which meant using more powder to stay matte.


I developed a love-hate relationship with it. It cleansed away my blemishes but left me worrying I looked dry and lined in places as well as slightly greasy with oil in others.


Once I'd used it all up I was in two minds and, after much deliberation, I decided that I wouldn't recommend it: as much as I love clear skin I'm willing to brave a few spots and hyper-pigmentation marks for the sake of soft and hydrated skin. Soon after this I discovered Caroline Hirons. Oh yes - the skincare guru who doesn't recommend foaming cleansers and definitely wouldn't approve of this one for my skin type - or any skin type in fact. I wish I'd have known this sooner. It would have saved me testing out this product and umming and arhhhing over it when I could have simply put it in the bin.

2 comments:

  1. Hello lovely, I was just having a conversation about this product with someone who said it left their skin feeling extremely dry, tight and squeaky. As its not a product I was familiar with I googled for reviews and found yours, so it seems its not a great product and quite common for people to have the same experience as you with it I'm afraid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, ignore last comment. It was a different product from the range. Also drying though. Avoid the cleanser / mask combo LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.