Friday 22 February 2013

REVIEW: SOAP & GLORY THE FAB PORE HOT CLOTH CLEANSER CONCENTRATED CLEANSING CREAM

Soap and Glory The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser (1)
Soap and Glory The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser (3)
Soap and Glory The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser (4)


I've developed a little bit of a love for Soap and Glory cleansers recently. Peaches and Clean has been my go-to for weeks now but I decided to switch to 'The Fab Pore' Hot Cloth Cleanser to see if that was just as good. 


This hot cloth cleanser is a little different from others that I've tried. As it contains Panthenol, Sweet Almond extract and Orange and Lavender oils the first thing I noticed is that that horrible strong herbal smell that usually accompanies these kinds of cleansers has been replaced with something altogether more softer and floral - most probably the lavender that's listed in the ingredients. It's a pleasure to sniff (if that makes sense?).

It's also a pleasure to use. The thick rich creamy lotion glides onto the skin, effortlessly cutting through makeup and the usual dirt and grime collected over a day in the life of a face, to then be polished off with a cloth that's been soaked in hot water. I don't particularly rate the cloth that comes with the cleanser in the packaging - it feels a little flimsy for a muslim cloth. I much prefer the Moonies that Kia hand makes at Make Me Up Kia for a job like this to be honest.

And the results? Well, my skin was already at the best it has ever been from using Peaches and Clean when I started using this. It suffered a little bit of a shock and came out with a few very prominent blemishes in retaliation but after a week of using this 'The Fab Pore' cleanser solidly I have seen another massive improvement, my skin is nearly 100% clear (something that has never really happened before with other cleansers). I'm beginning to think that a combination of this and Peaches and Clean might just be what my skin has been crying out for.

I think this would be the perfect cleanser for anyone that doesn't have the money to spend on Liz Earle and hates the overly medicinal stench of the majority of hot cloth cleansers on the market. It does just as good a job as any other, if not better, but doesn't have all the cons that come with an expensive brands. 


Soap and Glory 'The Fab Pore' Hot Cloth Cleanser is available from Boots in store and online. RRP: £10.00. At the moment Soap and Glory products are on offer at 3 products for the price of 2 so pick this up whilst you stock up on your other favourites from the range.

6 comments:

  1. I'm creating a bit of a wishlist for Soap & Glory atm and going to do a bulk order from Kit Cosmetics later this year after I finish saving for my house deposit <3

    Jessi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a search for anything that can benefit my skin, it's such a mess recently . I don't have a particular cleanser I completely love so I may try this out. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great, not only do I love S&G but I grudge the price tag of Liz Earle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot Cloth cleansers are not something I've tried or reviewed on my blog. Just don't like the idea of them but I think it's time I try something new.... Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love soap&glory products! I will definitely be trying it out :)

    Lorna x

    http://lornasfabulousfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review I want to try this only tried the hand cream of soap&glory so far.

    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.