Sunday 5 January 2014

TAG: THE BLOGGER MADE ME BUY IT

The_Blogger_Made_Me_Buy_It_Tag
IMAGE TAKEN FROM HERE AND MODIFIED BY ME USING PICMONKEY


This tag has been created by the ever amazing Daniella from Famous In Japan and I just had to get involved with it. It's genius. The blogging community has a massive effect on one another when it comes to purchases - whether we fall for the hype or simply take a recommendation from a favourite read - we're all guilty of being influenced on buying something by what everyone else has to say. I'd like to say I blame certain blogging friends for my empty bank balance but I know I've influenced others too so I'm just as bad. 


1. WHO ARE YOUR MOST INFLUENTIAL BLOGGERS? WHO DO YOU REALLY RELY ON FOR REVIEWS AND SWATCHES?
I'm influenced by lots of different bloggers for lots of different reasons. For the latest beauty news it has to be Jane from British Beauty Blogger. I'm subscribed to her via email as well as other platforms and every morning, around 7:30am, I get a new email pop into my inbox which shows me all of her latest posts. I get slightly panicky if I don't get to read that email with my morning coffee. For swatches I turn to Adrienne from The Sunday Girl because they're crystal clear and give the swatch in both natural light and with flash. 


2. DO YOU BUY A PRODUCT SOLELY AS A RESULT FROM ONE REVIEW FROM YOUR FAVOURITE BLOGGERS, OR DO YOU LOOK FOR MORE REVIEWS FROM OTHERS?
This depends entirely on how much the product costs and who the blogger that recommends it is. If it's someone that I know knows their stuff when it comes to their subject (for skincare I look no further than Andy from Pampered Prince or Jess from Spoilt Face, for example) then I will take their word as gospel. If it's something that everyone has a differing opinion on then I'll try to see the product up close and personally at a counter before I part with any cash. For mid-range and drugstore items I tend to act on recommendations all the time - I just can't help myself.


3. WHAT IS YOUR MOST FAVOURITE ITEM YOU'VE BOUGHT AS A CONSEQUENCE OF BLOGS?
I've bought a lot as a consequence of reading blogs. I blame Clare from A Bit Of This And That entirely for my new found love for MAC Lipsticks and I have Islay from Islaay.com to thank a fetish for Revlon lip products. I bought Molecule 01 perfume, without having ever smelt it before, based on the recommendations of Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup and Lily from Lily Pebbles. Honestly, the list is endless...


4. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PRODUCT YOU'VE BOUGHT AS A CONSEQUENCE OF READING BLOGS?
I always thought that the MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners were a waste of money seeing as they have the same ingredients list as the Sleek Pout Polishes. I also think a couple of my more recent LUSH purchases have been a big waste of time. Still, at least I tried those products and can now tell others not to bother.


5. NAME FIVE PRODUCTS YOU HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT BECAUSE OF READING BLOGS.
A lot of recent purchases are due to reviewed but here's a small selection of the purchases I made because of blogs recently... Tom Ford Lipstick in 'Indian Rose' (RRP £36.00), Molecule 01 perfume (RRP £27.00), Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder (RRP £9.99),  La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (RRP £13.00) and Seventeen Phwoaarr Paint Heavy Duty Under Eye Concealer (RRP £5.49).


6. HAVE YOU EVER GIVEN INTO THE BLOGGER HYPE? IF SO, WHICH HYPE?
I did a head dive into the Rimmel Apocalips craze (had the launch date in my diary, trudged across town to get hold of them, even pre-ordered a couple online...) and I've always been one for grabbing the latest MUA purchases - especially the Matte Lipsticks they recently released. I can't help myself sometimes.


7. HAVE YOU EVER AVOIDED BLOGGER HYPE? IF SO, WHICH HYPE?
I've managed to avoid the Naked 3 hype so far. That isn't to say that I don't want to get my hands on that palette so much as I feel like it's a lot of overkill for the sake of some pretty eyeshadows. I also tend to find that Benefit products are massively over-hyped so I ignore those trends too. I've avoided a lot of others too in the past - I find that the more hype there is surrounding a product the bigger the disappointment. I couldn't stand the Baby Lips craze even though I ended up with two... I just think they're toss for how much excitement there was around them.


8. IS EVERYTHING YOU BUY BASED ON BLOGGER REVIEWS OR ARE THERE ITEMS YOU BUY WITHOUT EVER CHECKING A REVIEW?
Again, this depends on what the product is for and how much it costs. I always always check skin care reviews out because I don't want to waste my money on items that could potentially upset my skin. When it comes to makeup from the drugstore I do impulse purchase a hell of a lot - or when it's a brand I know I trust then I don't think twice.


So thank you to Danniella for this tag - I think it's super fun to answer and if you're going to do it yourself then please please make sure that you like back to her as she is the original writer. Let me know if you're going to answer this tag in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant Tag and love your in-depth answers

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby lip hype was one I never really got either! Thankfully I haven't bought any yet! :)
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great tag and great post! Thanks for the mention too Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag :) So apt, bloggers are the worst enablers!
    Happy new year lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tag. Since blogging, I'm sooo swayed by other bloggers with what I buy. Whenever I go to buy beauty things, I always think 'oh, who has reviewed this? Was it good or not?' and that usually makes my decision for me!

    daisy//daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lover wading these posts and have just followed your blog, I like your writing style! I've just done this post and would love for you to check it out!

    www.beekle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with so much you've said and questioned. Personally I am so tired of seeing the Valentino Rock Stud pumps and shoes! It's a pretty shoe but am I the only one tired of seeing it on almost every blog?

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.