Friday 3 January 2014

REVIEW: BOURJOIS JAVA RICE LOOSE POWDER

Bourjois_Java_Rice_Powder_1
Bourjois_Java_Rice_Powder_2
Bourjois_Java_Rice_Powder_3
Vintage_Bourjois_Java_Rice_Powder
ORIGINAL BOURJOIS JAVA RICE POWDER PACKAGING - IMAGE TAKEN FROM HERE


I mentioned this amazing powder in my Best Of 2013: Make-Up post. I only got around to buying and testing at it the end of last year but I immediately considered it something very special. I thought it was high time that I got around to writing a review of it, or more of an 'Ode to' if I'm honest. 


Bourjois Java Rice Powder is a re-imagining of one of Bourjois' first ever products over 150 years ago. It's an illuminating powder that can be used in many ways - not just for adorning your vanity with because the packaging is the perfect  example of vintage-chic.


Others have compared this powder to the now famous Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders which is something I can't comment on but I will tell you that this is one of the best powders I've been privileged to use. It's a very finely milled powder, lightly scented with a powdery sweetness, shot through with a very small amount of tiny glitter. The glitter is nothing to be scared of though as it doesn't show up if used very sparsely, with a large fluffy brush, across the skin. It gives the kind of subtle glow that most of us can only dream of achieving naturally with our bare skin. Used a little more heavily across the cheekbones and other high points of the face it also makes an excellent highlighter. 


My only concern is that the packaging does get a little messy when used a lot. The powder tends to move from the pot to the lid and appear in a cloud when the lid is unscrewed. This might not irk some people but I feel like I want to save every last grain so I can keep my skin looking fabulous for as long as possible. I've already repurchased a second just in case it gets discontinued.


Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder (RRP £9.99) is available from Bourjois counters across the UK and Bourjois stockists online. I got mine from Boots. For more information about all Bourjois products please take a look at the Bourjois website.

4 comments:

  1. I love the packaging but can see it would be a bit of a faff x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a little bit of a faff but I genuinely love the results it gives! xxx

      Delete
  2. I think I will definatly have to have a sneaky purchase of this powder after this review! But why couldn't they keep that beautiful packaging from 150 years ago?! It's gorgeous, especially compared to the cheap, plasticy packaging now!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! I love it so much! It really is beautiful packaging but I suppose it wouldn't be durable for modern times unfortunately. Still, it looks pretty in comparison to some of the cheap nasty stuff that some brands bring out! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.