Tuesday 8 January 2013

MY BLUSHER COLLECTION

Photobucket
I thought I'd share my blush collection with you all. I know that I have reviewed and swatched a lot of these already so if you want a closer inspection of them I will link them as I go. I love blusher and I never feel like I have enough choice when it comes to my own small stash but as I was taking the pictures for this post I realized that I had completely forgotten about some of the ones that I already own. I've divided them into rough sections by colour which are open to interpretation but I thought it was the best way to be with them.

PINKS
Photobucket
Photobucket
LEFT TO RIGHT: Natural Collection Cream Blush 'Rosy Pink'; Benefit Boxed Blush 'Thrrrob'; MUA Mosaic Blush 'English Rose'; FashionistA Blush 'Flush'; FashionistA Custom Design Blush 'New York'; Natural Collection Powder Blush 'Pink Cloud'; Lily Lolo Mineral Blush 'Candy Girl'Lily Lolo Mineral Blush 'Ooh La La'; Estee Lauder Signature Blush 'Pink Kiss'Estee Lauder 5-Tone Shimmer Palette in 'Pink'; ELF Custom Blush in 'Glow'.
Pinks are my favourite colour when it comes to blush. There is a pink to suit everyone and they seem to go with everything. I like how versatile they can look too - they can be flirty and feminine or they can add a lot of drama if built up to really show up on the skin. I have 11 completely different pinks although the ones I use the most are my Estee Lauder ones and the FashionistA Custom Design Blush in 'New York'.

NUDES/PEACHES
Photobucket
Photobucket
LEFT TO RIGHT: Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush 'Blushing Nude'; ELF Custom Blush 'Coy'Natural Collection Cream Blusher in 'Juicy Peach'
I really like using peaches and nude colours but I always forget about them as they are such light colours. Also they can appear a little strange and patchy on my skin if I don't blend them out properly. I like these three though and would replace them all if I hit pan on them. The Estee Lauder one is especially pretty when you want a hint of colour but nothing too daring. Peach is a very safe colour.

REDS/LILACS/MAUVES
Photobucket
Photobucket
LEFT TO RIGHT: FashionistA Blush 'Blushing'; FashionistA Blush 'Crimson'; Lily Lolo Mineral Blush 'Rosebud'; ELF Custom Blush 'Flushed'; ELF Custom Blush 'Shy'.

I think these colours are the most scary looking out of all the colours that I have and they do take a gentle hand and a vast amount of blending to make them look natural. I love them and I think they look spectacular but they are winter colours and don't work particularly well in any other season. Shy looks quite pretty in spring maybe but that is the only one that translates across trends. I would love to be brave enough to wear these a little more than I do.

CORALS/AMBERS
Photobucket
Photobucket
LEFT TO RIGHT: ELF Studio Blush 'Candid Coral'; Lily Lolo Mineral Blush 'Clementine'; Lily Lolo Mineral Blush 'Cherry Blossom'; FashionistA Blush 'Blushing Coral'; FashionistA Blush 'Juicy Apricot'; FashionistA Custom Design Blush 'London'; FashionistA Blush 'Glowing Amber'.

Corals and Ambers are colours that I started looking more into this year. I think they make beautiful flushes of colour in the summer. Some of these are far too dark for my skintone and these shades do tend to suit those with a tan better than those of us that are pale. I like them a lot though - even with the obvious shimmer that some have.

So those were my blushers. I feel like I really need to invest in some more high-end ones. Unfortunately I can't afford a lot of NARS and MAC but hopefully in the future I will have some of them to show you all when I update this post or do a second on my ever expanding collection. 

What do you think of the colours here? Do you prefer blusher or bronzer? Any blushers you can recommend for me to get hold of/try out? Let me know lovelies and thank you for reading!

18 comments:

  1. Wow that's alot of blushers! I love pink blushes more and don't think I own many other colours!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Pinks are probably the majority of people's favourites I would say! Thanks for commenting! xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant collection :) my blush collection is gradually increasing. I bought 3 of the Topshop blushes last months and they're fabulous, they're only £6 you should check them out. I've also got a few ELF blushes on order as they're so cheap but amazing! My most used blusher in the past few months is actually probably my MUA shade 2 one. It's got amazing pigmentation, is a gorgeous pink shade with some shimmer and it's easily buildable AND it's only £1. You should defo check out those :) surprisingly very good.

    Lx
    pandorasbasket.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent ever really used the MUA shades although I hear they're quite good! Thanks for sharing and I will definitely look into them now :) xxx

      Delete
  4. AHHH this is blush heaven!
    I LOVE blush and your collection is lovely!
    I love elf's studio blush in candid coral for summer and sleek flushed. They're both lovely!

    hareem xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get my hands on Sleek blushes - i'm yet to try any! I might start with Flushed now you've recommended it. I love blush so much! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love all the reds/mauves, somewhere I need to branch too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that's a lot of blushers! You should try peach melba by natural collection and some of the topshop ones; they are amazing!!

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the TopShop ones! Everyone raves about them! xxx

      Delete
  7. i'd completely recommend peach melba by natural collection

    katy x

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking at it - I think I have to get it now its been recommended to me twice! xxx

      Delete
  8. I am swooning over your collection. You have so many pretty colours. I love the look of FashionistA colours. I dont own anything from this brand. But their blushes look so pretty. I need more reds in my life - I need to get braver.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try FashionistA! Their blushes are amazing! xxx

      Delete
  9. EEEP, blusher heaven! The corals and ambers are my fav :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I adore every single one. Please feel free to link your blogs underneath your comments - I love finding new blogs to read!

It may take me a while to reply to comments so if you have any direct questions please tweet me @Superfluous_B and I'll get back to you more quickly there.

Comment moderation is in place to prevent spam. Spam includes: 'follow for follow comments', comments made with a link where the comment has no relevance to the post, anonymous comments that have no relevance to the post and trolling/hate. These will all be deleted.